Cliff Hacks Things.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Got tired of my CMUcam.

What embedded machine vision system...

  • is easier to interface (and more powerful) than a CMUcam2;

  • has eight cores at 96MHz, six of which can perform user-defined image processing;

  • can be programmed and debugged interactively in-system using Forth or assembler;

  • runs open-source code built using open-source tools;

  • costs less than $100 in parts; and

  • can be built in an evening with only basic through-hole soldering?



Yeah, I couldn't find one either.




Mmm, 192 MIPS of pixel-devouring goodness. I love my overclocked Propellers.

Edit: What kind of image processing, you ask? How about realtime ASCII art!



I hope to get middle-mass and edge tracking working shortly.

Labels: ,

53 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home