Cliff Hacks Things.

Monday, June 26, 2006

ASCIIvision

After a lot of tinkering, I've got the Gumstix talking to my CMUcam2.

I started out working with CMU's Java interface code, but it's abysmal. It's like an exercise in how not to write Java. So, scratch that.

I worked in C for a bit, thinking that it would be nice to eliminate the JVM from my cramped root filesystem. Then, I remembered how much IO programming in C can suck, and went back to Java.

So, now, I've written my own interface library for the CMUcam. I quickly got tired of printing numbers and guessing whether or not I had configured the camera properly; I wanted an image, dammit. But on a tiny device, with no display, how do you generate images?

Using ASCII, of course!

1 Comments:

  • Nice information, many thanks to the author. It is incomprehensible to me now, but in general, the usefulness and significance is overwhelming. Thanks again and good luck! Web Design Company

    By Blogger Pooja, at 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home